You Will Change Lives!
Building Strong, Smart & Bold Communities – One Girl at a Time
We are thrilled to be running a 10-week 2021 Summer Enrichment Program for 100 members! Field trips, mini-field trips, STEM labs, literacy support, arts, crafts and fun in the summer sun! Our members deserve an amazing summer!
THE IMPACT OF COVID-19
We must ensure that the COVID-19 crisis does not intensify learning loss, socioemotional distress, hunger and trauma. Since July 1, 2020, Girls Inc. pivoted from an after-school program to a remote learning center for 40-60 girls daily. Despite lost revenue and additional operational costs, Girls Inc. also provides breakfast and lunch, and after-school activities in a safe and supportive environment. Thanks to the support of the Greater Lowell Community Foundation, National Grid, The United Way, The Cummings Foundation and individual donors, Girls Inc. continues to adapt programming as required by the State of Massachusetts.
Did you know?
1 in 6 girls will not finish school on time
94% OF GIRLS INC. TEENS ARE ON TRACK TO GRADUATE HIGH SCHOOL.
48% of girls nationally are unhappy with their bodies
77% OF GIRLS INC. GIRLS HAVE POSITIVE BODY IMAGES
90% OF GIRLS INC. GIRLS are hopeful about their futures.
How your donation makes a difference
YOUR gift today will benefit our Summer Enrichment Program in the following ways:
- $100 will supply snacks and beverages for our K-3 cohort for 1 week
- $250 stocks the Art Center with supplies 2 weeks
- $500 provides literacy supplies to spark creativity and foster imagination
- $1,000 supports a tween or teen to attend the Teen Leadership Academy
- $2,500 covers the cost of increased bandwidth for 3 months
- $5,000 pays air conditioning repair costs and service for 2 months
- $10,000 ensures the Girls Inc. Center is open for educational services for an entire week.All donations provide critical funding that augments Massachusetts state vouchers for low-income families and ensures members who are not receiving vouchers are able to fully participate in Summer Enrichment Programming.
We accept one-time and recurring donations through our website payable via credit card or PayPal.
Make a Recurring Donation
If you are able to do a recurring donation, please visit the following page to create your customized recurring donation.
Donate by Mail
Prefer to mail us your gift? Please make your check payable to:
Girls Inc. of Greater Lowell
220 Worthen Street, Lowell MA 01852
ATTN: Executive Director Ashley Filipp
Please include this donation form with your check.
Donations to Girls Inc. of Greater Lowell are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law. Tax ID# 04-2104401