Qualifications: All candidates must be at least 18 years old with a high school diploma. Minimum one year professional experience working with school-aged children required. Must be available to work a flexible schedule Monday through Friday between the hours of 7:30am – 5:30pm – hours may be adjusted to After School Program hours (2:00pm to 6:00pm) to run concurrent with the Lowell Public School year. Additional hours available as a possible re-hire for full or part-time summer seasonal work, 8:30 am – 5:30 pm.
Program Management and Development
- Support members during out of school hours including after-school hours, full-day vacation weeks and during the Summer Enrichment Program
- Plan and implement activities for daily program for girls ages 5-18
- Supervise children during unstructured time; this may include utilizing behavior management techniques as needed
- Prepare and distribute group meals and/or snacks
- Maintain clean activity areas per the Board of Health COVID 19 guidelines
- Monitor parent pick-up
- Assist in closing program facility areas at the end of the day
- Attend staff meetings and trainings, and utilize program planning time
- Maintain a positive team atmosphere with all staff members
- Perform other job related tasks as assigned
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (in the English language), ability to make effective public presentations
- Must have dependable transportation
Family & Community Engagement
- Serve as liaison between staff, members and families and effectively manage behavioral issues
- Serve as a liaison with local schools (e.g. make arrangements for Representation at Open House/Parent Nights
General & Administrative
- Provide administrative assistance to Program Coordinator
- Work with Program Coordinator to generate and mail program brochures
- Attend staff meetings
- Meet weekly with Program Coordinator to develop and review overall daily activity plans
- Shop for program and food supplies as needed
The nature of community support work and staffing patterns necessitates that management staff be generalists and must understand that at any given time they may be called upon to perform duties beyond those listed in this description to meet individual or program needs.
- Be available for occasional special activities on weekend and/or evening hours, including but not limited to Open Houses and Board events.
- Provides transportation to individuals in company vehicle
Must have the physical and cognitive abilities to:
- Safely perform all essential responsibilities and operate a telephone, computer, copier, fax machine and household appliances, with or without the aid of mechanical devices
- Quickly and safely ambulate within the program facility, bend, stoop, kneel and reach, with or without the aid of mechanical devices
- Learn and perform the skills taught in First Aid and CPR
- Must have current training/certification in First Aid and CPR or be trained within 90 days of hire. Must maintain valid certifications throughout employment.
- Take advantage of training and professional growth opportunities
- Must attend other training as required by Girls Incorporated and EEC
- CORI completed prior to start date.
Please contact Executive Director, Ashley Filipp to learn how to apply.