The Teen Program offers academic tutoring and mentoring for girls ages 13-18 who would like to learn more about educational opportunities, career options and community leadership. Our weekly sessions include programs from Girls Inc. National that expose youth to important topics such as self-advocacy, community activism, goal setting for both their present and future, youth leadership, diversity awareness, health and sexuality education, conflict resolution and prevention.
Teen Programs include:
- Operation SMART – Science, Math and Relevant Technology – Hands-on STEM programs that include web design and programming, engineering and architecture.
- Girls Make the Message -Media Literacy program where girls will learn about what goes into the music and film production process as well as gain critical thinking skills in interpreting current media.
- Investing Matters – Teens will be tackling the tough world of stock markets and mutual funds in this Economic Literacy program.
- Preventing Adolescent Pregnancy – Girls acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to take charge of and to make informed, thoughtful decisions about their sexual health.
- Leadership and Community Action – Teens will get a chance to have a voice and be advocates for change in their neighborhoods through volunteering opportunities and collaborating with other local youth groups working to strengthen our community.
- Social Justice teen-led discussions – Informal discussions that occur weekly and seek to engage our teens in the movement towards an inclusive civil society for all individuals
Other exciting opportunities include guest speakers, presentations, and special workshops on and off-site. For more information, program schedules and tours, contact Teen Coordinator Sanary Phen at 978-458-6529 ext. 113 or email her at TeenCoordinator@girlsinclowell.org .